Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winning Starts with Beginning!

I enjoyed this little excerpt from the book "You Can Become the Person You Want to Be" as written by Dr. Robert H. Schuller:

Walt Disney liked to tell the story of the boy who wanted so much to march in the circus parade. When the show came to town the bandmaster needed a trombonist, so the boy signed up. He hadn't marched a block when his horrible sounds created pandemonium. "Why didn't you tell me you couldn't play a trombone?" the bandmaster demanded. The boy answered simply, "How did I know? I never tried before!"


Taken from the chapter "Self-Confidence--Get it! Use it! Keep it!

One of my favorite trainers, Dani Johnson, tells us that in order to be truly successful at anything we need the persistence, enthusiasm and adventurism of a child.
What are you not doing now because you do not yet know that you can?

No comments: